Lawfare Project Executive Director Brooke Goldstein's Outspoken Premieres Tonight on JBS–Jewish Broadcasting Service 8:00 PM ET
On tonight’s premiere of Outspoken, Lawfare Project Executive Director Brooke Goldstein addresses the rampant civil rights violations against Jewish students and the outright harassment of Jews at federally funded schools.
As Brooke explains, "Jewish students are afraid to wear their Stars of David, their skullcaps on American campuses, taking circuitous routes to class to avoid harassment, choosing not to take certain classes at all because they’ll be targeted by professors for being Zionists."
"How is this happening?" Brooke asks. "As the grandchild of holocaust survivors I’m angry, I’m frustrated, I’m afraid. Not just for Jews, but for America."
In this episode, Brooke sits with three Jewish campus leaders from various colleges throughout America to discuss the crisis confronting Jewish students on campus today: Rudy Rochman, the founder of Students Supporting Israel (SSI) at Columbia University; Adela Cojab, President of Realize Israel at NYU; and Justin Feldman, formerly a student at Santa Monica College where he was the President of Students Supporting Israel, who recently transferred to UCLA.
Brooke also meets with Benjamin Ryberg, COO and Director of Research at The Lawfare Project, to discuss ways in which Jewish students can take legal action against any antisemitic behavior on campus.
As a fierce opponent of the BDS Movement and a passionate defender of Jewish students on college campuses, the title of Brooke’s JBS series is especially apt. As Brooke explains in her opening commentary, her vision for Outspoken is to create a program on American television that will tackle the most pressing issues facing the Jewish community, and the West at large, without constraints of "political correctness", where facts matter and guests speak frankly and openly.
Rabbi Mark S. Golub, President & Executive Producer of JBS, emphasized the importance of a program like Outspoken coming to American television: "We are thrilled that JBS will provide a platform for Brooke Goldstein’s unique voice and courageous defense of Jewish rights anywhere Jews face civil or social discrimination. I hope everyone makes a point of watching her series."
View the JBS Channel on:
- Atlantic Broadband on CH 168 in Miami Beach
- Blue Ridge on CH 215
- Buckeye Broadband on Ch 164 in Toledo (coming soon to Sandusky)
- CenturyLink® Prism™ on CH 590 (SD) and CH 1590 (HD)
- Cablevision Optimum on CH 138
- DIRECTV on CH 388
- Google Fiber TV on CH 459
- Hotwire on CH 269 in South Florida
- MetroCast on CH 76 in Maine & New Hampshire
- RCN on CH 269 in Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia; CH 334 in Lehigh Valley, PA
- Service Electric Cable TV on CH 127 in Lehigh Valley & Wilkes Barre, PA and Western NJ
- Verizon Fios on CH 798
- ROKU Streaming Player to your TV: "Educational" in the Channel Store
- Full web browser capable TVs, iPad, iPhone, tablets, and smart phones
- www.jbstv.org: Click on "Watch JBS Live"
- TuneIn radio